The default url’s for facebook pages can be very long and difficult to remember. However Facebook has a very handy feature for creating nice url’s for your Facebook page.
The only requirement is that your page has more the 25 fans.
In this post you’ll learn how easy it is to create a nice url like facebook/com/yourpagename to your facebook page
Facebook standard url’s
The standard url’s for your facebook is quite long which makes it difficult for people to remember, and a bit clumsy to market on banners, business cards etc.
The standard url of the Tips4php Facebook page is:
As you can see this url isn’t that easy to communicate.
Changing the url
The good news is, that if your Facebook page has more than 25 followers/likes, you can easily change the default url to something much nicer by going through the following steps.
- Go your Facebook page
- Click on the “Edit page” link in the upper right part of the page
- Select the menu option “Basic information”
- Click on the link “Create usernes” in the “Username section”
- Select a username. Usernames can only contain A-Z, a-z, 0-9, and periods (.) If you’r Username has already has been taken, and you think you have special and well documented rights to this Username, you can report a Infringing user name here and send a claim to Facebook.
- Click on “Check availability”. If the username is available, you’ll see the confirmation page
Please notice, that you can’t change the username, when you have confirmed the username. So please make sure that you select the right username for your page.
That’s it – now the page has a nice url: